Are you a little tired of your lob hairstyle? Neither too long, nor short, the hair just sits on your shoulders. If you don’t want to cut it, what else can you do?
The lob (a long bob) hairstyle was the craze of celebrities and the fashion ramp till recently. But it can get a little stale over time, a length that’s neither too much nor too less. If you’ve got a lob, you know what we’re talking about. Of course, you can always colour, chop or re-texture your tresses. But if you’re not looking to make any drastic changes, how about changing the way you style your hair instead?
Here are four amazing ways in which you can totally change the way your hairstyle looks without actually changing your hair. Some of these simple tricks work for all lob hairstyles.
4 Hairstyles to do with a Long Bob
#1 Messy Braid Crown
Turn your boring lob into a messy, carefree style. Follow these steps to get the messy braid crown.
- This hairstyle is great if you have wavy hair. If you don’t, braid your hair the night before and wake up to semi-wavy hair that is easier to work with.
- Start on one side and hold a clump of hair closer to the top of your head. Make a braid of this, but instead of passing the strands over each other, pass them from under.
- Continue this braid, moving backwards and pulling in strands of hair from the top of your head as you move back. When you reach the end, fasten the braid.
- Now do the same on the other side.
- Fasten both braids together with an elastic band.
- Pull out some strands from the braid for the messy, carefree look.
#2 The Bobby Pin Rules
Bobby pins, the little bits of metal that you use to keep hair in place, can be turned into a wonderful fashion statement, especially if you have coloured ones.
- Pull back hair from one side and fasten it with a bobby pin.
- Pick one more pin, of the same colour or different, and fasten it next to the first one to form an arrow head or any other pattern.
- Do the same with the remaining pins, creating a design in your hair.
- If you don’t have coloured pins, paint white ones with nail polish.
#3 Half Up Half Down
This hairstyle looks pretty cool on all textures and is a good way to style second day hair.
- Divide your hair in two, horizontally. Try to part it high, above your eyebrows.
- Make a pony from the top portion and wrap it loosely to form a bun.
- Fasten the bun with pins and an elastic band.
- This style looks nice on a lob with bangs too.
- And yes, don’t forget to use Pantene Pro V Lively Clean Shampoo when you wash your hair the next day.
#4 A Parting Note
The quickest way to get a new look is to just switch your parting from one side to the other. Or even opt for a centre parting. And instantly get a new look.
There you have it, four amazing ways in which you can turn an old yet nice hairstyle into something totally new and exciting. Which one will you try first?