That’s right. There’s one more miracle oil that promises great results for your follicular woes. But it’s not going to be as simple as squeezing some oil into the palm of your hands and massaging your hair in a hurry before you run into the shower.
So if you have the time and patience to work with it, you’ll see that there’s much to gain from this oil which is extracted from, well, the seeds of grapes. The presence of linoleic acid and omega fatty acids makes grapeseed oil an excellent moisturizer that makes your hair shine without becoming greasy.
Whether you’re dealing with stress-related hair loss or the more common female pattern baldness, or your hair just feels dull, lifeless or dry and damaged, this just might be the long-term solution you’re looking for. But first, before you set out and buy the first thing you see at the store, you might want to make sure you’re getting the very best version out there. Make sure to ask for cold pressed grapeseed oil as the chemical variety – while still usable – tends to be processed through intense levels of heat and mixed with chemicals that may end up causing more damage than good. So to be on the safe side, invest in the more expensive but immensely healthy, cold pressed grapeseed oil for your hair.
Once you’ve got yourself the cold pressed grapeseed oil, the next thing you’re going to need is uninterrupted time (we did say this isn’t going to be an easy fix). So pick a weekend, perhaps.
How To Use Grapessed Oil For Improved Hair Health
- Now take four table spoons of grapeseed oil and mix it with any favourite essential oil such as lavender or rosemary oil.
- Place the mixture on the stove and warm it just enough for it to be soothing on the scalp. Done? Good.
- Depending on the length of your hair, part it at the center with a fine-toothed comb for easy access.
- Then dip your fingers in the oil and make sure to reach every bit of your hair from the roots to the tips.
- Massage the oil into the scalp thoroughly for as long as you wish.
- Leave it on for a couple of hours before jumping into the shower and washing it off with Pantene Pro-V Total Damage Care Shampoo which goes excellently with hot oil treatments.
- Rinse off with warm water and then rinse again with cold water.
- Make sure to dry your hair thoroughly and never run a comb through wet or damp hair as you’ll risk breakage.
- Once your hair is totally dry, bring out that fine-toothed comb again (but rinse it, so it’s oil-free) and run it through your smooth, shiny, intensely moisturized mane.
- If you have dry hair, consider this god’s special bottled gift to you.
It’s safe to use grapeseed oil for hair loss, as a moisturizer or just to maintain hair that’s already quite healthy. But if you experience intense hair loss or anything out of the ordinary, it is vital that you consult a physician first. As long as you’re eating healthy and maintaining a reasonably healthy lifestyle, grapeseed oil can do nothing short of wonders for your hair.