The simple banana, sitting silently on the kitchen counter, is quite the friend when it comes to hair care. Do you know what all this simple yellow fruit can do for your tresses?
You know the banana is good for you. You think of that every time you buy yourself half a dozen, but before you know it, the fruit has ripened and you don’t wish to eat it any more. Trust me, we know what you’re talking about. It happens here too.
Instead of reluctantly tossing it in the compost bin, why don’t you use the banana for your hair and scalp? The simple yellow fruit is rich in properties that will heal and nourish your tresses.
5 Amazing Ways To Use Banana for Hair:
#1 Treat damaged hair
Dry, rough and damaged hair can be repaired with a simple banana hair conditioner recipe.
- Mash a ripe banana and mix it with coconut milk.
- Add amla (gooseberry) juice if you have any.
- Apply this mix to your hair and wash off after 10 minutes.
#2 Strengthen hair and impart shine
- A mix of mashed banana,a tablespoon sunflower oil and ½ tablespoon lime juice is the magical cure for getting strong and shiny hair.
- Apply this smooth paste to your hair, from the roots to the tips, and cover your head with a warm towel.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water after 15-20 minutes.
Use Pantene Pro-V Hair Fall Control shampoo for good results. Do this twice a month for strong, shiny hair.
#3 Control hair loss
The underlying cause of hair loss is dandruff and itchiness. A ripe banana can take care of that.
- Add ½ cup of curds to a mashed ripe banana and apply it to your hair.
- Wash it off after 15-20 minutes to reduce the itchiness and dandruff.
#4 Moisturise the scalp
- Make a banana hair mask by adding extra virgin olive oil and some coconut oil to the smoothly-mashed fruit.
- Apply this paste to your hair from the root to the tips and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Repair shampoo and conditioner.
For best results, repeat twice a month.
#5 Control oiliness
- If you have an oily scalp, use a ripe banana mixed with honey to control the oiliness.
- Apply this conditioner mix to your hair from the root to the tip at least twice a week.
Use a mild shampoo like Pantene Pro-V Lively Clean to rinse it off.
If you suffer from dry hair, try this banana mask for hair that’s rough and brittle.
- Mash 1 ripe banana and add 2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil, 2 tablespoons honey, ½ cup full-fat milk and 1 tablespoon butter.
- Make sure the consistency is smooth so it is easier to wash out.
- Apply the paste to every inch of your hair and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Cover your head with a shower cap or a towel and relax.
Wash your hair with a gentle shampoo like Pantene Pro-V Silky Smooth Care and get ready to enjoy smooth, silky gorgeous hair.