From hair loss to dandruff to baldness, those yucky methi seeds can open up a world of goodness for your hair and scalp.
“Yuck Mom, I hate methi, it tastes awful”, are probably your first memories of this glorious vegetable. Well let me tell you, your mother is never wrong. Fenugreek or Methi is just packed with goodness and nutrition. And you’re reading this article because you already know that and you know now that it’s always a good idea to listen to your mother.
Fenugreek is great for your hair, skin, body, digestion, heart, you name it. It relieves constipation, helps cure things like mouth ulcers, bronchitis, chronic coughs and even cancers. If you’re a breastfeeding mom, methi seeds help you lactate more. The list is just endless. But let’s get back on topic, fenugreek benefits your hair greatly, it is packed with Protein, which helps fight baldness, Vitamin C, which helps boost your immunity, Iron, which is good for your blood circulation, Potassium, which prevents against greys, Nicotinic Acid, which encourages hair growth and Lecithin, which energises hair follicles.
8 Amazing Benefits of Using Fenugreek or Methi for Your Hair
- Methi for hair fall is not a far-fetched notion now that you know what fenugreek is made up of. Soak the fenugreek seeds overnight and then blend them with a bit of water or lemon juice. Apply it to your hair like a face pack and don’t worry about shampooing it off, it will wash right off. But remember to use a mild shampoo like Pantene Pro-V Hair Fall Control, which also strengthens your hair from root to tip.
- Fenugreek seeds for hair growth is really the best thing ever! Boil fenugreek with coconut oil until the seeds go reddish and then apply the warm oil on your scalp. You will be amazed as to how this wonderful concoction will boost your hair growth.
- The uses of fenugreek for hair are countless, make a paste of fenugreek seeds and 2 teaspoons apply cider vinegar (after soaking together overnight) and apply to your hair to control the excess oil.
- If you’re suffering from a dry and itchy scalp an easy fenugreek seed paste combined with an egg yolk is the cure. Leave the mask on for 30 minutes and wash it out with shampoo.
- Pasting the methi seeds is pretty much the standard cure for most hair ailments, including dandruff, this time just combine the paste with yogurt and apply 3 times a week for a sure cure!
- Leave a glass of water with fenugreek seeds to soak over night and drink that water the next morning sans the seeds for luscious hair.
- Make a paste of fenugreek seeds and curry leaves or curry patta and apply it to your hair for about 30 minutes, this is an ingenious way to prevent premature greys!
- Miracle working fenugreek seeds can also reverse damage caused to your hair like split ends, frizz and general weak hair. Mix your fenugreek paste with coconut milk and apply to your hair. Leave it in and cover your hair with a towel for about half an hour so it soaks up all the goodness and watch the magic happen.