Multani mitti has for long been used to get beautiful skin. But that’s not all. Its goodness extends to hair too. Go on and get gorgeous, healthy hair with simple multani mitti hair packs!
Multani mitti can work miracles on your skin, and it does not stop there. You can make multani mitti packs to deal with specific hair problems. These include multani mitti for hair loss, multani mitti for hair growth and multani mitti for hair fall.
7 Amazing Multani Mittti (Fuller’s Earth) Hair Packs
1. Frizz-Free Hair Pack
- Get sleek strands with a hair pack made with multani mitti to which egg and rice flour are added.
- Apply this paste to your hair, make sure you cover the scalp and hair – a brush for application is handy
- Leave it on for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash with cold water.
- You can add a few drops of lemon juice to water and use it to rinse the hair to get rid of the egg-y smell.
2. Hair Pack for Dry Hair
- For softer hair, you can mix multani mitti with yoghurt and sesame oil. This will give your hair the much-needed nourishment and keep it lustrous.
- You can wash off the pack after 20 minutes with cold to lukewarm water, which is always preferable to hot water.
3. Hair Pack for Oily Hair
You can use multani mitti for hair that is oily because it strips away excess oil.
- Applying a simple paste made with multani mitti and water is enough to get rid of the excess oil produced by the scalp.
- You can leave on the pack for half an hour before washing it off.
- Avoid using it too frequently as you don’t want to strip away the natural oils that your hair needs to look lustrous.
4. Hair Growth Pack
Is your hair being stubborn about growing? Well, a multani mitti pack could give you tresses that rival Rapunzel’s. Or almost.
- To promote hair growth, mix multani mitti with reetha powder and water,
- Apply this paste to your hair and scalp for thirty minutes
- Wash off with cold water.
5. Hair Pack for Hair Loss
Hair loss is a worrying issue at any age. You can keep it in control and minimise damage by using a multani mitti hair pack
- Mix multani mitti with black pepper powder – a teaspoon should be sufficient – and yoghurt.
- Leave the application on for at least half an hour before washing it off
- Apply this hair pack at least once a week to control hair loss and get a healthier mane.
6. Squeaky Clean Hair Pack
Dandruff can ruin your hair. It leads to hair loss but even worse it can be an embarrassing issue that kills your otherwise impeccable appearance. The good news is that you can banish dandruff with a paste of fenugreek seeds and multani mitti.
- Fenugreek seeds can be soaked overnight and ground into a paste before it is added to the clay.
- Add as much water as required and cover your strands and scalp for at least 30 minutes
- Wash off with cold water. Remember to also wash your hair regularly with Head & Shoulders Anti Dandruff shampoo and the problem will subside gradually.
7. Moisturising Hair Pack
Try this DIY hair spa pack that’ll make your hair shinier, healthier and gorgeous.
- Start by massaging some warm olive oil using a gentle circular motion.
- Then prepare a paste with multani mitti, lemon juice, a tablespoon of honey and yoghurt. Mashed papaya pulp is also great.
- If you don’t want to oil your hair, you can squeeze out the oil from Vitamin E capsules and add it to the paste.
- Apply the paste
- Leave it on for half an hour
- Wash off with cold water to get gorgeous hair!
These are just a few of the ways multani mitti can be used to make hair packs for healthier hair. Try them out!