Recipe of Shrimp Moussaka
A delicious combination of eggplant, potatoes and cheese. The traditional dish gets a makeover by tossing in some shrimps.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggplants, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100 gm mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 750 gm peeled shrimps, cleaned and cut lengthwise
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 300 gm tomatoes, peeled and pureed
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- For the potato:
- 1 kg potatoes, cut into large cubes and boiled
- 125 ml milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of white ground pepper
- 100 gm mozzarella cheese, grated
How to Make Shrimp Moussaka
- Heat oil in pan and fry the eggplant slices until golden.
- Set them aside on a kitchen towel to absorb any excess oil.
- In a saucepan, warm olive oil and sauté onion until tender.
- Add garlic,mushroom and shrimps and stir over a medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken bouillon, tomato, tomato paste and black pepper. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in parsley and set aside.
- Mash the potato with milk, butter, salt and pepper.
- Line the prepared eggplant slices in an oven proof dish, place shrimps mixture on top and the potato mixture over.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the potato and bake in a preheated oven at 250 degree celsius for 15 minutes or until the top is golden in color.