Make your own body butter using the simplest ingredients. Here are some recipes that are guaranteed to moisturize your skin.
Body butter may seem like a luxury item for most people. It’s not your average moisturizer and it’s certainly not priced as one, which is why we often end up ignoring it while stuffing our carts with endless creams and foundations. If you’ve always secretly wanted to use body butter, here’s some good news: you can make it for yourself at home and it will be just as effective as the store bought variety! Here are some super simple DIY body butter recipes that you should use:
1. The Vanilla Bean Body Butter
A vanilla bean body butter is really simple to make.
- Add some cocoa butter and coconut in a sauce pan and turn on the heat.
- Once the cocoa butter is melted, let the mixture sit and cool for at least half an hour.
- Grind a vanilla bean in a blender and add it along with sweet almond oil.
- Put it in the fridge. Once you see the oils start to solidify, use an egg beater to whip the mixture till it turns into butter.
2. Coconut Oil Body Butter
This body butter recipe just requires one ingredient and that is coconut oil.
- Add some coconut oil to a bowl and whip it with an egg beater.
- It will turn light and fluffy in no time.
- You can apply it directly to your skin.
3. Chocolate Body Butter
Mix cocoa butter with a touch of cocoa powder and almond oil to make this deliciously great chocolate body butter.
4. Shea and Jojoba Body Butter
- Mix Shea butter, jojoba oil and coconut oil together in a bowl and heat them up so that they blend properly.
- Put them in the fridge until the whole this solidifies.
- Use an egg beater to whip the mixture till it turns into butter.
5. Tallow Body Butter
You can skip this one if you’re a strict vegetarian as it contains tallow. Tallow is essentially a type of saturated fat that resembles your own cellular makeup, which is why it works really well in a body butter.
- Mix some Shea butter, vitamin E capsules and tallow into a bowl along with coconut oil. You can use any other flavoured oil to add to the smell such as peppermint oil.
- Put it in the fridge.
- Once you see the mixture start to solidify, use an egg beater to whip the mixture till it turns into butter.
6. Peppermint Body Butter
This is a lovely homemade body butter that smells fantastic.
- Just add some peppermint oil to Shea butter and coconut oil.
- Warm it up, cool it down, put it in the fridge and then whip it till it turns into a butter.
Apply any of these body butters onto your skin with Olay White Radiance Brightening Intensive Lotion Moisturiser to moisturize your skin really well.