Facial toning is critical to your beauty regimen. Instead of using readymade off-the-shelf products, why not look inside your kitchen cupboards for some ideas?
Your skin is your biggest defence against the might of the world, and it asks so little of you. All it wants is that you keep it clean, fresh and soothed. Washing, cleansing, exfoliating and moisturising is most of the work, but it isn’t all. You also need toning.
Toning is what protects you from clogged, oily and unhealthy-looking skin. It is a must-have in every girl’s beauty product cache. Before you rush to the store to buy your supply, let’s first read in detail the benefits of adding a face toner to your skin care routine.
5 Benefits of Skin Toner
#1 To shrink pores
A skin toner cleanses your face of excess oil and shrinks pores.
#2 To restore your skin’s pH balance
Your face loses its pH balance after being washed by alkaline soaps. A toner can restore this balance quickly.
#3 To protect your skin
Since a toner can shrink pores, it prevents the penetration of dirt and other pollutants into your skin.
#4 To moisturise
Toners lock moisture into your skin, keeping it soft and supple.
#5 To refresh skin
Instead of washing your face with water you can use a toner to remove oil and dirt, leaving your skin clean and fresh, without any dry feeling.
Making a Skin Toner at Home
The market is saturated with many brands of skin toners. Not only are they chemical-based, but will also make a sizeable dent in your pocket. Why resort to these methods when you can make a natural skin toner right at home?
DIY Toner #1: Camphor and Rosewater Toner for Acne
- Add a pinch of camphor to a bottle of rose water, and shake it well to mix.
- Dip a cotton ball in this homemade toner and wipe your face with it 2 to 3 times in a day.
DIY Toner #2: Rosewater, Glycerine and Alum Toner for Normal Skin
- Make a solution using 50 grams rose water, ½ tablespoon alum and 100 grams of glycerine.
- Mix these products well. Use a cotton ball to wipe your face and neck with the natural toner and let it sit there for 10-15 minutes before washing it off.
- You can store this homemade toner in the refrigerator for daily use.
DIY Toner #3: Cucumber and Curd Toner for Oily Skin
- Make a toner by mixing together a freshly grated cucumber and half a cup of plain curd.
- Apply the mask to your face and neck, and leave it there for about 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with normal water using a mild cleanser like Olay Total Effects 7 in One Foaming Cleanser.
- You can store the remaining toner in the refrigerator for later use.
Make these natural, homemade toners a part of your daily beauty routine and wash your way to fresh, glowing skin.