Mango season is almost here and if you’re not already aware of the wonders everyone’s favourite fruit can do for your skin, it’s about time.
Of course, to enjoy the mango benefits for skin, much of this requires you to apply mango on the face as opposed to consuming it. So if you can work up the self-restraint to direct that pulpy goodness on to your face instead of into your mouth, you’re in for quite the surprise. Mango is so high on nutritional value – loaded with Vitamins A, B and C – mango face packs can be used for everything from making your skin glow to treating acne and black heads and making your skin feel smooth and taut.
4 Mango Face Packs You Must Try This Season!
#1 Mango face pack for dry or combination skin:
- Make a face pack with the pulp of mango, a tablespoon of yoghurt and a tablespoon of honey.
- Blend well till you have a pulpy paste.
- Apply this on your face and allow to dry.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Loaded with Vitamin A, mango is great at reviving the skin and treating any summer-related dullness. And when used along with yoghurt and honey, we’re talking baby soft skin that’s as healthy and hydrated as it beautiful.
#2 Mango face pack for glowing skin:
- If glowing skin is what you want, you’re going to need a killer exfoliator.
- Luckily for you, we’ve got just the recipe for that.
- Mix the pulp of mango with a tablespoon of oatmeal to make a scrub.
- Use this on your face, taking care to scrub gently in circular motion, avoiding any open wounds acne.
- While the oatmeal scrapes away the dead skin cells, mango – loaded with Vitamin C – brings a natural glow to the skin underneath, giving you all the confidence to greet the world every morning!
#3 Mango face wash:
- Yes, you can make your own face wash. And it doesn’t have to be anything elaborate.
- All you’re going to need is a spoon of mango pulp, a pinch of almond powder and enough milk to make a thick paste.
- Use this on your face every morning and night this summer and watch your face light up like it never has before.
- This, being a face wash, does not require you to leave it on but be prepared to smell delectable!
#4 Mango face pack for tan removal:
- That’s right, mango is great for tan removal too. If you use Bengal gram powder on a regular basis, you’ll love this.
- Just mix the pulp of mango with the required amount of Bengal gram powder.
- Add a pinch of almond powder and a teaspoon of honey.
- Mix them into a mildly grainy paste and apply on face, neck, hands and just about anywhere else.
- Leave it on for twenty minutes or until dry and go for your shower.
- Regular application will ensure you get through this summer tan-free and gorgeous!
Of course, this doesn’t mean you must skip your mango smoothies or juices or just those ripe slices straight from the garden. Just make sure you’re drinking enough water to keep your skin hydrated and following up your beauty routine with quality skin care products like Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting Cream and you’re sorted and more summer-ready than ever!
Also, you can sooth your skin with the super hero ingredient – papaya during summer. Unlike mangoes, it is available all year long and is as effective in solving common skin problems.