Water therapy? Is that a fancy way of echoing your mother’s constant are-you-drinking-lots-of-water-everyday nagging? Well, basically, yes. But here’s the thing: it works.
Instead of poring over ‘How To’ articles on skincare and buying every over-promising product on the catalogue, why not try something as tried, tested and simple as water therapy for your skin? The results may be slower but they’ll sure as hell last a whole lot longer.
The only thing to keep in mind is that this isn’t going to work like a crash diet. Drinking lots of water and keeping yourself hydrated needs to become a habit you can’t shake off. That’s the only way to ensure your skin always remains healthy, flawless and radiant.
Great, now that we’ve addressed the unrealistic expectations, let’s get to it. How does water therapy work? What is it going to achieve that other methods cannot? Well, the answer is in your 6th grade biology textbook. We are all made up of about 60% of water on average.
- Which means, we’re going to have to keep taking in more water if our bodies are to function at the optimal level.
- That’s not all. Drinking lots of water throughout the day, ensures that your body is constantly flushing out toxins through sweat and well, frequent trips to the loo.
- This means that everything from your kidneys to your digestive system functions well, your blood is pure and your metabolic rate is at an all-time high.
- Fun fact: impure blood is to blame for more than half the skin problems we complain of
So. It seems we’ve convinced you about the benefits of water therapy for your skin. Now on to what exactly this water therapy involves and how you can stick to it.
- Water therapy for glowing skin involves 5-7 glasses of water first thing in the morning.
- And no, you cannot have coffee before you’ve had your water.
- If that’s too much to start with, you can try 4 glasses and gradually increase it to 7.
- You cannot have alcohol the previous night.
- Ideally, you should cut down on caffeine as it has a tendency to have the opposite effect of water on your body, but you can do this gradually.
- After your morning quota, make sure you’re drinking a whole glass of water every hour.
That’s basically it. If you can handle the pre-coffee water and the frequent loo visits initially, your body will soon get used to it and you’ll find that the caffeine cravings go away too. You can combine water therapy for glowing skin with your regular skin care routine that includes good skin care products from brands like Olay and you should start noticing a visible difference in your skin real soon. Simple, eh?